Because this is a development announcement, Canon couldn’t provide all the features and tech spcs for the new 1D X Mark III, but they did deliver a pretty impressive list of features.
Canon said the new flagship would have vastly superior performance to the previous version, shooting up to 16 frames per second (with AF/AE tracking) and a RAW max buffer that will be five times faster than the 1D X Mark II. Also, Canon said the new AF algorithms will be improved using artificial intelligence-like technologies. The camera will also have a wider dynamic range than its predecessor. Additionally, Canon said when using the optical viewfinder the camera will use a new autofocus sensor, with approximately 28 times the resolution in the center of the EOS-1D X Mark II.
Other features include:
- Support for an all new, Canon-developed, CMOS sensor and DIGIC processor, that will deliver greater image quality, at even higher ISOs, with the ability to capture stills in 10-bit using the HEIF (High Efficiency Image File) file format.
- Canon says the new DSLR will shoot 4K videos including 4K60p with 10-bit 4:2:2 Canon Log internal recording.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth low-energy connectivity in addition to GPS technology.
- A magnesium alloy body, illuminated buttons, weather-sealing throughout the body and dramatically improved battery life – with the same LP-E19 – will allow professionals to shoot for longer periods of time, without having to change batteries, helping reduce the chance of missing a shot.
- Canon also said it was developing a higher class of EOS R mirrorless cameras, which will take advantage of various tedchnologies, like the R-systems built-in images stabilization.
Today, Canon also introduced two new lenses, the , Canon RF 70-200MM F2.8L IS USM Lens and the RF 85MM F1.2L USM DS
Here’s a short list of some of the features and specs on the Canon RF 70-200MM F2.8L IS USM zoom lens:
- Has an f/2.8 aperture across the zoom range
- It’s 27 percent shorter and 28 percent lighter than its EF counterpart
- It features two Nano USM motors providing an even greater level of high-speed autofocus for still image shooting and quiet and smooth autofocus for video shooting.
- Includes a floating focus control that drives the two lens groups individually
- Customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture or ISO
- 17 lens elements in 13 groups including two aspherical lenses, one super UD lens and four UD lenses, that help to reduce chromatic aberration
- its optical image stabilizer should provide five stops of compensation
And here’s a short list of some of the features and specs on the
- Includes a DS coating that is a vapor-deposited coating technology that is applied to the front and rear surfaces of a specific lens element inside the lens, to provide enhance bokeh or beautifully blurred backgrounds.
- Has a bright f/1.2 aperture
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.79 feet
- A customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture or ISO
- Includes one aspheric lens and one UD Lens, along with BR optics that help to reduce chromatic aberration
There were no availability dates for the new EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR. For the two lenses, Canon said the RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM and RF 85mm F1.2L USM DS lenses are scheduled to be available late November 2019 and December 2019, respectively, for an estimated retail price of $2,699 and $2,999 respectively.
For more information, click on the links to the press releases below: