Thursday, September 4, 2008
Nik Software Announces Sharpener Pro 3.0
New Sharpening Technology Gives Precise, Selective Control
• New Creative Sharpening-Enhances fine details and textures with new structure, focus, and local contrast tools for drawing attention to desired areas within the image
• New Industry-First Sharpening Soft Proof-Allows detailed inspection of sharpening results on screen before printing, eliminating costly test prints
• New Output Presets-Enables custom settings to be saved for consistent, professional results
• Updated RAW Presharpener-Retains and enhances sharp details within images without amplifying noise and other artifacts
• Updated Powerful Selective Tool (Photoshop only)-Enables the use of Photoshop's brush tools to paint in sharpening selectively
• New Smart Filter Support (Photoshop only)-Provides compatibility with Adobe Photoshop's Smart Objects enabling adjustments to sharpening after Sharpener Pro has been applied
• New Multi-Image Support (Aperture only)-Provides compatibility with Aperture's multi-image support, allowing photographers to easily copy and paste settings between images to maintain consistency
Pricing and Availability Sharpener Pro 3.0 will be available in September for electronic delivery directly from Nik Software in four languages (English, French, German, and Spanish) and will be available through specialty camera retailers in October of 2008. A complete list of resellers may be found at www.niksoftware.com/resellers.
The suggested retail price of Sharpener Pro 3.0 is $199.95. Upgrades from any previous version are available for $99.95. Sharpener Pro 3.0 installs as a plug-in for either Adobe Photoshop or Apple Aperture 2.1 and is available for Windows and Macintosh operating systems, including Vista and Leopard. For more information about Sharpener Pro 3.0, including video tutorials showing the software running within Photoshop and Aperture and a free 15-day fully functional trial version, please visit www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro.
About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. is a privately held company that develops software solutions for the growing digital imaging and photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic filter development and produces award-winning technology and software products for digital photography and imaging professionals including U Point® technology, Dfine®, Vivezaâ¢, Color Efex Proâ¢, Silver Efex Proâ¢, and Sharpener Proâ¢ software.
Page 2 of 2