Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Imagenomic Releases Portraiture 2
Advanced Controls to Enhance Retouching ProcessAlexandria, Virginia -- December 10, 2008 – Imagenomic LLC announced today the release of Portraiture 2, a significant upgrade to its award-winning Portraiture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop®. This new product edition features an array of advanced controls to further enhance the accuracy and refinement of the skin retouching process, and adds new capabilities for accelerating workflow performance, as well as new techniques for creating striking and fashionable finishing looks. From natural-looking skin smoothening with detailed pore level retention, to high-contrast and glamour effects for professional advertising campaigns, Portraiture 2 is both a powerful productivity and special effects tool for Photoshop users, and is compatible with the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements® and Creative Suite®, including full support for CS4 32 and 64-bit versions.
Portraiture 2 is designed to provide seamless and time-saving steps for photography workflows, creative studios, and image production environments, with features and functions including:
· Automatic Skin Tones Mask generation and “One-click” skin retouching through a new Preset Manager, which includes image thumbnail previews, bracketing controls, custom preset creation and file sharing, user notations, and visual history states;
· Advanced Skin Masking controls for selecting, feathering and refining the retouching area, as well as edges and tonal ranges of the selected mask, with real-time previews;
· New Enhancement sliders and settings for sharpness, softness, warmth, tint, brightness and contrast control, with the ability to apply these selectively to the mask area only or to the entire image, e.g. for adjusting lighting effects in software;
· Non-destructive editing and extended output options, including dynamic retouching settings optimized for the intended print size, automatic generation of a new Photoshop Layer Mask, or creation of a PSD document;
· New User Interface selection options, batch processing capabilities, and multi-threaded/multi-processor support for maximum retouching speed and performance.
Portraiture 2 supports both Mac OSX and Windows XP/Vista operating systems, and is fully compatible with Photoshop Elements 4/5/6/7, and Photoshop CS2/CS3/CS4 (32 and 64-bit versions), as well as Creative Suite Extended.
"We're thrilled to see Imagenomic's award-winning Photoshop plug-ins making a prompt move to the 64-bit Windows platform,” said Bryan O'Neill Hughes, Product Manager for Adobe Photoshop. “Imagenomic has proven to be a great partner and one that shares a passion for providing flexibility, performance, and integration with our emerging architecture."
“Portraiture 2 is the state-of-the-art software for digital skin retouching, and represents the next generation for workflow performance and finishing effects for the photographic, creative, and advertising communities,” said David McDonell, co-founder and CEO of Imagenomic. “We are extremely excited with our product portfolio and the underlying technology it represents for both still and motion imagery. The use of these products with the evolving range of capture, editing and output devices and platforms has myriad and beneficial impacts for working professionals in numerous creative industries, including wedding and portrait photography, creative design, fashion and advertising, cosmeceuticals, high-definition video and film production.”
Page 1 of 2