Adobe Releases Photoshop Elements 7 & Premiere Elements 7
Makes Editing and Sharing Memories Easier Than Ever Before
Photoshop Elements 7's Powerful Yet Easy-to-use Editing Tricks Make Ordinary Photos Extraordinary
Photo Editing Features
• The new Smart Brush helps users apply incredible effects exactly where they want with a single stroke. Brighten up a face in a portrait or add texture to just one part of a lifeless photo without changing the whole image.
• Scene Cleaner, based on Adobe's innovative Photomerge® technology, creates the ideal photo by letting users simply brush away unwanted subjects such as tourists that got in the way.
• Make your photos flawless with new Quick Fix tools like the Toothbrush tool that can whiten teeth instantly or the Blue Skies tool to make colorful photos more vibrant.
Polished Movies in Minutes with Enhanced Editing Options in Premiere Elements 7
Video Editing Features
• Now supporting the AVCHD format, Premiere Elements 7 automatically analyzes video clips as they are imported and applies Smart Tags that identify video quality, number of faces, sounds and more to help consumers quickly find the clip they want.
• New InstantMovie means video clips can be easily dragged and dropped into feature-packed themes such as birthday, wedding or extreme sports for a polished video with coordinated titles, transitions and Hollywood special effects.
• For special effects similar to "green screen" technology, the new Videomerge option can automatically place a person into any scene to impress audiences.
New Photoshop.com Membership Inspires Users to Get Creative and Stay Connected
Users can push their creativity even further with Photoshop.com membership, offered in two levels, Basic1 and Plus2.
• For those who want fresh, creative project ideas delivered straight to the desktop, the option to purchase an annual Photoshop.com Plus membership guarantees inspiration will come on a regular basis in the form of new tutorials, seasonal artwork, themed templates and more.
• In addition, Photoshop.com Plus membership provides 20GB of storage - enough for 15,000 photos, four hours of DVD-quality videos or a combination of both.
• Online back-up keeps memories safe from computer failure or natural disaster, with access from anywhere, via a personal account linked to the software.
• Photoshop.com Basic membership can be experienced for free, providing 5GB of storage, access to photos and videos virtually anywhere and online photo sharing in a fun interactive environment.
• The addition of Photoshop.com Mobile beta, a rich Adobe Flash® based mobile application, offers camera phone users the easiest way to upload, share and access photos using their Photoshop.com account. Photoshop.com Mobile runs in the background and allows consumers to take photos, send messages and run other applications while pictures are being uploaded to their Photoshop.com account.
Quote - Doug Mack, Adobe Vice President
• "Our customers are spending more time online and we want to help them stay connected with their favorite people and memories," said Doug Mack, vice president and general manager of Consumer and Hosted Solutions at Adobe. "The introduction of Photoshop.com membership means photos and videos are accessible from virtually anywhere and we're no longer limited to what we can fit into âthe box.' We've got a new mechanism that delivers fresh ideas and inspiration, safely protects what you're storing, and provides fun options for sharing. The best part is - it's all dynamic and current, expanding the already powerful capabilities of Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 throughout the year."