Thursday, June 3, 2010
Vimeo Festival + Awards
Celebrates creative online videoThe categories include:
1. The Vimeo Award: Best of all categories. Winner to receive $25,000 grant to produce new work.
2. Narrative: Live-action narrative fiction told through the medium of film/video
3. Documentary: Short films/videos that seek to document compelling actuality or reality
4. Animation: A simulation of movement created by displaying a series of pictures or frames.
5. Experimental: Short films/videos that are often characterized by the absence of a linear narrative.
6. Music Video: Short films/videos that accompany a complete piece of music or song
7. Motion Graphics: The use of the principles of graphic design to create a film or video using animation or filmic techniques.
8. Remix: A film/video that combines elements such as sounds and pictures of other works to create a metamorphic work.
9. Captured: Videos that capture an artistic expression or performance
10. Original Series: A periodically released collection of original episodic content
• The Feature Presentation Honorary Award: Honoring the vanguard and innovative release of unique feature film online (Nominations accepted)
• Digital Maverick Honorary Award: Honoring pioneering spirit in the world of online video.
The Vimeo Awards will accept submissions from June 3, 2010 – July 31, 2010 for a $20 (U.S.) fee per-video ($5 for Vimeo Plus members) at www.vimeoawards.com. Entrants can submit any original work as long as it has premiered online between June 3, 2008 and July 30, 2010 or has never been premiered anywhere. All entries must comply with the Official Rules of the Vimeo Festival & Awards. Additional details on the festival to be announced shortly. For more information on the Vimeo Festival & Awards, please visit www.vimeoawards.com.
About Vimeo, LLC
Leading high quality video sharing site Vimeo® is a vibrant, respectful community of people who love to take video. The site features beautifully produced video from its many talented video creators. Launched in 2004 and headquartered in New York, NY, Vimeo offers users a video sharing experience that is both entertaining and easy to use. Vimeo was listed as a Time Magazine Top 50 Website in 2009. Vimeo, LLC is a subsidiary of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
Page 2 of 2