Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs
Include newly developed SAFOX X AF sensor
Additional features of the PENTAX K-5 II / K-5 IIs include:
• Electronic Level function, with a vertical level scale
• Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration (available only with DA,D FA and FA Limited series lenses)
• CTE mode, to automatically adjust the white balance to emphasize the dominant colors of a specific scene
• DR II (Dust Removal II) mechanism, to effectively shake dust off the CMOS image sensor using ultrasonic vibration
• PENTAX-original Hyper Control system, to swiftly and accurately respond to the photographer's creative intentions
• Dynamic range expansion function, to compensate for both whitewashed (overexposed) highlight area and blackout (underexposed) shadow area
• RAW data retrieve function to save the original RAW data of a just-recorded JPEG format image
• RAW/Fx button, for single-action switching of image file format, as well as for assignment and instant recall of a specific function
• A choice of three grid patterns while in Live View mode, including "Golden Section"
• Long battery life, for recording of approximately 980 images with a full recharge
Pricing and Availability
The new PENTAX K-5 II will be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in October 2012 with a suggested retail price of $1,199.95 for body only, $1,349.95 for the K-5 II kit including the DA 18-55mm WR zoom lens and $1,549.95 for the K-5 II kit including the DA 18-135mm WR zoom lens. The K-5 IIs will also be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in October with a suggested retail price of $1,299.95 for body only.
PENTAX is a leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With new headquarters in Denver, Colorado, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is a subsidiary of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. effective October 1, 2011. Additional details may be found here: www.pentaximaging.com/news