Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Canon PowerShot SD4000
First Digital ELPH to offer a high-sensitivity systemTiming is Everything
As an added bonus, the new Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS has a new Super Slow Motion movie function that allows users to record video at a very high frame rate, possessing the appearance of slow motion when played back at regular speed. The Super Slow Motion movie function captures a subject at 240 frames-per-second (fps), and later plays back the footage at 30 fps, allowing each moment of footage to be appreciated in super slow motion while maintaining great image quality.
• A 3.0-inch wide angle (28mm equivalent) wide screen LCD allows for easy on-camera previewing and reviewing of menus and images.
• A 3.8X optical zoom with optical image stabilization helps to ensure images will be clear and how they were meant to be captured.
• Support of the high-spec SDXC memory cards with the maximum storage of two terabytes (TB) in SDA standard.
• Eye-Fi memory card connectivity, where wireless data can directly transfer to PCs.
• New scene modes, such as miniature and fish-eye effects help to increase overall creativity.
• Smart Shutter technology, which automatically takes pictures when a person smiles or winks; resulting in less re-takes.
The new Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS is available in three different color variations: red, black and silver. In addition, while supplies last, there will be an exclusive, limited edition white PowerShot SD4000 IS model available direct from Canon (www.shop.usa.canon.com). Scheduled to be available at the end of May, the Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Digital ELPH camera retails for an estimated price of $349.99.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
Page 2 of 2