Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Tamron Announces New 10-24mm Lens
A High-Performance, Compact Ultra Wide-Angle Zoom
4. Minimum Focus Distance of 0.24m (9.4") Across Zoom Range
Because a close-focusing capability is essential in wide-angle photography, Tamron engineered a 0.24m (9.4") minimum focus distance across the zoom range. This capability gives the user freedom to create images with an exaggerated perspective at the 10mm ultra wide-angle end and shoot with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5 at the 24mm semi-wide-angle setting, the largest magnification ratio in its class.
5. Flower-shaped Lens Hood Is a Standard Accessory
A glare-reducing, flower-shaped lens hood is included as a standard accessory. The special hood provides optimum shading of light rays that enter from the rectangular frame outside the image field.
6. New External Design Expressing "State-of-the-Art Ultra Wide-angle Zoom Lens" in the Digital Era
• The new zoom lens features a refined exterior design that eliminates unevenness in the lens body and enhances its uniformity and smoothness, matching the designs of current digital SLRs.
• The metallic finish of the gold band on Tamron lenses makes it stand out as a Di II lens, and the layout of alphanumeric markings, including the TAMRON logo in the center of the control ring, has been improved for greater visibility.
• Exquisite black mat finish is applied to the black paint over the lens barrel for improved quality appearance.
• The rubber patterns on the zoom and focus rings have been enhanced to compliment today's digital camera design style and ensure better handling.
Page 3 of 3