Wednesday, February 7, 2007
The Sigma SD14: It's got a lot more than just a great image sensor!
While the cutting-edge 14MP Foveon X3 image sensor is the centerpiece of the new top-of-the-line Sigma SD14 that sets it apart from every other serious pro-caliber DSLR on the market, there's a lot more to the SD14 that makes it a natural choice for professionals and serious enthusiasts who want to take their DSLR photography to another level. Here's a rundown of its exciting new features:
1. Choice of RAW or JPEG files. With a total effective 14.06MP pixel count, the SD14 lets you capture 12- bit RAW files of approximately 13.3MB and Super High/Fine JPEGs of 7.5MB. Sigma's exclusive Photo Pro 3.0 software will even let you delicately tweak the colors and textural tones of RAW image data using a single intuitive color wheel control.
2. Dust Protector. A standard feature of all Sigma SD cameras, it prevents external dust and debris from adhering to the image sensor. In the SD 14 it can be installed and removed for easy cleaning with a single action. Removing the dust protector also enhances the SD14's performance when it's used for infrared photography.
3. 5-Point Distance Measurement AF. It's a superior autofocus system based on measuring the subject distance at 5 points, left, right, top, and bottom, for maximum ease of use, and provides central crosshairs for improved accuracy and manual or automatic point selection.
4. Big LCD, powerful built-in flash, mirror lockup. With a 2.5-inch, 150,000-pixel TFT LCD with new simplified control pad, powerful (ISO100 GN in feet 44) built-in flash, Quick Set Button for easy control access, and easy-to-use mirror lockup function, the SD14 is the most convenient and capable SD camera yet-a real pro.
5. Great lenses and accessories. With a full line of world class Sigma zoom and prime lenses ranging from 8mm fisheye to 800mm super telephoto, and a full range of dedicated Sigma accessories including the Power Grip PG-21, Remote Controller RS-31, and high powered flash units including the top-of-the-line Sigma EF-500 DG Super with auto-zoom, and S-TTL automatic flash metering with high-speed sync, the sleek, rugged Sigma SD14 is ready to meet any challenge and deliver topnotch imaging performance that sets a new standard for the industry.
Page 3 of 3