Monday, June 23, 2008
Panasonic Adds Two New HD Camcorders to Its Line
Panasonic's iA mode, automatically activates several convenient shooting functions at once, so the user does not have to manually change any settings. These include:
• Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) detects hand-shake and then triggers the lens to shift to correctly align the optical axis, helping to ensure videos are sharp and reduce blur. This happens at a rate of 4,000 times per second.
• Face Detection automatically adjusts the exposure, contrast, skin complexion effect, and focus so that faces are always clear. Face Detection can detect up to 15 faces in a frame.
• Intelligent Contrast Control continually measures the ambient light intensity and adjusts the contrast as it changes, helping to prevent a washed-out look in bring parts of an image and black-outs in parts with shadows.
• Intelligent Scene Selection which determines the shooting environment and automatically selects the appropriate scene setting for optimal results.
Both camcorders come packaged with HD Writer 2.6 software for Windows, and also support iMovie '08 for Apple, which let users directly edit the high-quality full-HD moving pictures they capture with their camcorders. The SD100 and HS100 are compatible with Panasonic's VIERA LinkTM, allowing users to connect the camcorder to a VIERA HDTV via an HDMI cable, and operate the camcorder using the TV remote control, and following on-screen prompts. Furthermore, users can also take the SD Memory Cards from the camcorders and slip it into the SD card slot on a Panasonic PZ850 series VIERA HDTV, or a Panasonic BD50 or BD30 Blu-ray DiscTM Player, and enjoy easy, instant large-screen viewing of stunning HD video.
Users can also copy their video content to DVDs for quick, convenient playback. A Panasonic VW-BN1 DVD Burner (optional) can be used to burn HD images onto a DVD disc in the original AVCHD format; no need to use a PC. The copied DVD discs can then be easily played with the VW-BN1 and sent via the SD100 or HS100 to a HDTV.
Other features of both the HDC-SD100 and HDC-HS100 include:
• Quick Power-On ensures the camcorders are in recording standby and can shoot in just 1.9 seconds, making it easy to catch spur-of-the-moment shots, while being conservative of the battery.
• Digital Cinema Color mode automatically switches the camcorder to the optimum setting for the Digital Cinema Color mode, available on Panasonic's VIERA Plasma HDTVs, providing a theater-like viewing experience.
• Intelligent Shooting Selection Playback automatically detects scenes that have serious flaws - such as images that are completely out of focus or shots of the ground taken inadvertently - and automatically skips them during playback. Viewers see only high-quality, mistake-free moving images.
• 5-Microphone, 5.1-Channel Surround Sound System allows users to feel surrounded by clear, detailed sound during playback on a 5.1-channel home cinema. A Zoom Mic function links the microphone's capabilities to connect to what the camcorder is recording. A Focus Mic function picks up the sounds from sources in the area in front of the camcorder, regardless of whether the lens is focusing on a near or distant object.
Page 2 of 3