Olympus Announces Firmware Updates for E-System Components
The ability to update the firmware in E-System components; bodies, lenses, flash units; is one of the key advantages of a 100% digital design. Firmware updates are available through Olympus Master and Olympus Studio software applications.
The following firmware updates are now available:
E-3 DSLR body:
• Dial operation on the power grip HLD-4 has been improved. The relationship between the rotation of the dial and the movement direction of the AF target has been optimized.
• Battery check function has been improved to extend shooting time when the power grip HLD-4 is attached.
• Focusing now stops immediately when the AF start button (AEL/AFL or Fn button) is released.
• Improved performance with the FL-50R or FL-36R flash units when undertaking bounce flashes at short distances.
• The selection and prioritization of the central five ranging points when shooting in C-AF mode and dynamic-single target mode has been improved.
E-3 DSLR and E-510 DSLR bodies;
• Image stabilization is now available for OM mount non-Four Thirds System interchangeable lenses.
Zuiko 70mm-300mm Digital Specific Lens;
-Stabilized exposure precision