Monday, September 15, 2008
New Western Digital Portable Drive
WD My Passport Puts Half of a Terabyte In your Hands
Product information and photos of the entire family of My Passport portable drives are available on the company's Web site at www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=9.
Unique features of the My Passport Elite and My Passport Essential portable drives include: USB-bus powered, which eliminates the need for an external power adapter; synchronization software that lets users sync their changes and protect their information with 128-bit encryption; plug-and-play capability with gaming consoles to make it easy to play music and view photos and video files on a TV. My Passport Essential portable drives are available in 11 fashionable colors.
Additional features of the My Passport Elite portable drives include:
• Capacity gauge that enables users to know at-a-glance how much space is available;
• Powerful automatic backup software lets users designate files and folders for automatic and continuous backup;
• Retrieve forgotten files from the road from any MioNet®-enabled PC (compatible with Windows® only) and copy them to My Passport portable drive using the unique MioNet Keyâ¢ software;
• Available now in four elegant, soft-touch colors: bronze, titanium, westminster blue and cherry red; and,
• Industry-leading 5-year limited warranty.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company produces reliable, high-performance hard drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. WD applies its storage expertise to consumer products for external, portable and shared storage applications.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital® and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
Page 2 of 2