Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Epson Announces Next Generation Multimedia Photo Viewers - The P-6000 and P-7000
• Available in September for an estimated street price of $599.99 (P-6000) and $799.99 (P-7000), the Epson multimedia photo viewers offer the following key features:
• Large 4-inch LCD with new, exclusive Epson Photo Fine Premia technology displays over 16.7 million colors, encompassing 94 percent of Adobe RGB color space for superior color accuracy
• 80GB (P-6000) and new 160GB (P-7000) high capacity hard drives
• Faster download speed - up to 35 percent faster than previous models
• New convenient jog dial to quickly scroll through images
• Wider LCD viewing angle
• Zoom function to confirm image focus and fine detail
• RAW and JPEG file support
• Built-in CompactFlash and Secure Digital memory card slots with many other cards supported via third-party adapter
• Compatible with high-speed UDMA CompactFlash cards
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to three hours for extended shoots
• High-speed USB 2.0 interface for device to device backup
• Audio/video output to present customized slideshows
• Travel Pack for enhanced portability (P-7000 only; includes dual battery charger, car adapter and more)
The advanced features of Epson's multimedia photo viewer line offer a level of performance and versatility pros have come to expect from a leader in the imaging industry. "My Epson multimedia photo viewer has performed flawlessly under severe conditions," said Boyd Norton, freelance nature photographer for National Geographic, Time, Conde Nast Traveler, and author of 14 acclaimed books. "The zoom feature and histogram allow me to confirm fine details while I'm still on location. This rugged, high-quality piece of equipment is a vital part of my workflow."
For more information about the Epson P-6000 and P-7000 multimedia photo viewers, or other Epson products, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
Note: Specifications subject to change. Epson and Photo Fine are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other products and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
Page 2 of 2