Thursday, January 18, 2007
January/February 2006 HelpLine
* Keeping Dust From Your Photos
* Camera dpi...Huh?
* Standard-Sized Prints
* EV Mystery
Keeping Dust From Your Photos
Q) I just bought a digital SLR, and my images have been plagued with sensor dust. What can I do to avoid it in the future?
A) Here are some good rules to follow to minimize dust:
1. Avoid leaving the camera body open for any length of time.
2. Turn the camera power off before you change lenses.
3. Keep a lens on the camera at all times.
4. Don't change lenses in the wind or dusty conditions.
5. Keep the camera body pointing down when changing lenses.
6. Vacuum out your camera bag on a regular basis.
7. If you use body caps, don't put them in your pocket or other dusty, dirty, linty places.
Page 1 of 4